I truly can’t believe this day is finally here… My sweet baby girl is ONE! Where do I even start?
Ariah has brought SO much joy and love to our family! I still remember the day she was born like it was literally yesterday- yet somehow a year has already flown by!!
Here’s What I’ve Learned in the Last (Amazing) 365 Days:
- Being a new mom to Ariah has completely changed my life forever. No one REALLY understands the emotions you go through as a new mom until they experience it themselves! Without a doubt, it is absolutely the more stressful, tiring, most rewarding thing in life… all wrapped into one!
- Strategy & efficiency are everything! You constantly have to be prepared for your baby’s next move or meal… even down to planning what to tackle during nap time. Should it be a shower? Laundry? Clean the house? Workout? Write a blog post? SLEEP?! With so much to do in such a short amount of time (if she sleeps the whole way through), most likely only one of those things gets done.
- ME time is everything! TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT!! In the morning, I love to wake up at least an hour before Ariah does so I can just have that *alone time* to plan my day, drink my coffee and check my e-mails or social media before she wakes up and it’s time to tackle the day! Plus, I obviously love spending time snuggling and playing, so getting things done before that makes me more present with Ariah.
- I need mama friends in my life! Mommy friends are the best: they give you honest, real-life advice and help to remind you that you’re not the only mom going through these stages.
- Things will no longer go as planned… probably ever! This was huge for me because I like to plan things out and always have to be on time. Well… having a baby changes ALL of that. You never know when your baby is going to have a blowout right before walk out of the door <<—- MOM LIFE haha
- Don’t sweat the small stuff… have patience! When your babies are at this age, they need ALL of your attention… even while you’re sleep deprived + your house is pure chaos. But what I learned is that sometimes you just have to let it go and enjoy the precious moments (and even the chaos) because these moments are fleeting and before you know it… they’re all grown up.
- You’re doing a great job Mamas! It’s totally okay if you’re still in your sweatpants… with spit up on your t-shirt… with the coffee you’ve already warmed up 4 times… with a pile of dishes in the sink… because at the end of the day your baby is happy + healthy and smiling + enjoying life <<— and that’s all that really matters! You’re doing a great job mamas!
So what’s Ariah like today- a whole year since this journey started?
- Ariah is the happiest, sweetest baby... always laughing and smiling at everyone around her.
- She loves clapping and yelling “yayyy!” for just about any reason. And now she’s getting to the point where if we’re at a football game she knows to clap by the sound of the crowd and how everyone else reacts! It’s adorable!
- She started taking her first steps on November 10th and we were obviously so excited since we’ve been waiting forever to see her take those adorable, shaky steps. Of course, our little lady took her sweet time… she just loved crawling and watching us wait with anticipation!
- Her favorite words are “Hi” and “Dada”… even if I sit there and tell her “mama” she repeats “dada” (Typical Daddy’s Girl, right?! lol)
- Her favorite food is guacamole, especially from Chipotle! <<—- She’s definitely her parents’ child!!
- She loves playing with musical toys or anything that makes sounds.
- The Baby First Channel is her favorite distraction.
- She loves looking at books when I read them to her.
- And obviously, she’s no stranger to throwing things out of her crib, off the high chair, out of her car seat, or out of the grocery basket <<— You get the picture… fun times haha
- Wake Up 8:30-9am
- 9am Bottle (10oz.)
- 9am-10am Play Time
- 10am BREAKFAST
- 10-11:30am Play Time
- 11:30am NAP
- 12:30-1 Wake Up
- 1pm LUNCH
- 1:30pm-3:30pm Play Time
- 3:30 BOTTLE #2
- 3:30-4:30/5 NAP #2
- 5PM Wake Up
- 5-6 Play Time
- 6-6:30pm DINNER
- 7 pm BATH TIME
- 7:30 BOTTLE #3
- 8pm BEDTIME <<— WHEW!
As you can see, it’s a non-stop adventure every day… but it’s been the best year of our lives and I’m so excited for the future! Happy Birthday Baby Girl <3
Below are some of our *favorite* products right now!